Saturday, October 23, 2010

OMG Did you hear?!?

Apparently, there is an American Pie Council. Now, this is a legit, fancy website and everything. The council, referred to as APC, is "the only organization committed to preserving America's heritage and promoting Americans' love affair with pie." This is a pretty neat organization. National Pie day is January 23, not to be confused with National Pi day, March 14, 3.14. They host a national championship once a year! The chances of me becoming a member are rather high indeed, if only I wasn't a poor college student and had the money to pay the $40 fee. Hint hint, nudge nudge mama: I know you are reading this. The APC just made my day!

3 comments:

  1. I think you should become a member...but when are you gonna bake another PIE?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are now an "official" member. Call me for details. See, your mama does pay attention, after all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're now official ! I wonder if the pie council has a lobbying day in Washington, D.C, since your profile pic is the U.S. Capitol :)....Looking forward to your next pie....I am experimenting with a bit of white cornmeal in my crust.

    ReplyDelete